Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to teaching

Options
  • 18-08-2018 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am hoping to register and return to teaching next year after working abroad for 7 years. I had taught for around 6 years in primary before leaving. Will the pay level I will be place in reflect the 13 years of experience gained?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I returned to teaching temporarily this year after a 6 year gap. As I was already on the old payscale, I continued on that. However, I'm on the new pension scheme, rather than the old one I was paying into. Doesn't seem fair, but there ya go.

Reregistering was an absolutely horrendous experience. If I'd known how bad it would be I would never have deregistered, but when I left the TC didn't have the power it has now. Hopefully the process will be easier for you as a primary teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Oh, just looking at your post again as I missed part of it. As far as I know you'll continue on from the point on the payscale you were on with the Deptartment. I don't think your time elsewhere will count, though I stand to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

It depends on where you worked I think.
    The term is 'reckonable service'.
    There's someinfo here
    https://www.education....lars/cl0040_2011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Depends on what you were working at abroad.

You should be on the old pay scale but what point depends on what you have been doing for the last 7 years. You'll be in the new pension.

Advertisement