Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for midweek drinks?

Options
  • 17-08-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Myself and my o/h are heading up to a show in the Bord Gais next Wednesday and I'm just looking for recommendations for a few drinks afterwards. Maybe somewhere that has a few cocktails and a nice atmosphere and if possible doesn't have Temple Bar prices for a pint! We're staying just off O'Connell St. so we're central.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

Myself and my o/h are heading up to a show in the Bord Gais next Wednesday and I'm just looking for recommendations for a few drinks afterwards. Maybe somewhere that has a few cocktails and a nice atmosphere and if possible doesn't have Temple Bar prices for a pint! We're staying just off O'Connell St. so we're central.

Thanks.

The Celt is a cracking pub only around the corner from you on Talbot Street.

Or there's Lanigans Bar in the Clifton Court Hotel on Eden Quay (on the way to and from your venue and hotel)... They don't push you out at last orders ;)

If you like Rock, metal, punk etc there's Fibbers on Parnell Street (top of O'Connell Street turn right and its 50 mtrs on your right)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Gent. The Celt looks perfect for food beforehand actually, and we're staying close to the Clifton Court too so We'll check out Lannigans as well. Been to Fibbers a few times in my day and as much as I'd love to go there for the night I don't think herself would be too pleased :pac:

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gent. The Celt looks perfect for food beforehand actually, and we're staying close to the Clifton Court too so We'll check out Lannigans as well. Been to Fibbers a few times in my day and as much as I'd love to go there for the night I don't think herself would be too pleased :pac:

Thanks again.

No bother, I think you'll like both bars. Fibbers hasn't changed in years, I think its great but so too are the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The Gin Palace. She'll love you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't go near fibbers anyway if you're looking for cocktails and atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fibbers sell Buckfast by the bottle with a pint glass of ice. You can wow the missus with that!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Thanks again.

The 101 Talbot is the best place in that area for food. Without a shadow of a doubt - and they have a really good value early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fibbers sell Buckfast by the bottle with a pint glass of ice. You can wow the missus with that!

She's from Belfast, pal. She's been getting that intravenous since she was 16.

Advertisement