Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom

Options
  • 17-08-2018 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭

Broadband contract coming to an end, I see Pure Telecom are doing the one big switch. Not huge savings versus current plan but something.

Getting 82Mb with currently supplier.

What's pure telecoms backhaul like?

Does it compare to Vodafone? Had sky on the same line before Vodafone and it was 10Mb slower than Vodafone using ookla.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nobody has any personal experience using Pure Telecom?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I am currently with Pure Telecom for the last 18 months. I live out in the sticks so only get 4mb on a DSL line. I have had zero problems for my time with Pure Telecom. I am getting the same speed as I did when I was with other providers like Sky and Vodafone. Pure Telecom just resell eir broadband and seem to use eir for their backhaul as it comes up as eir when I do a speed test where Sky and Vodafone seem to use BT for their backhaul. I am just out of my 18 month contract with Pure and can't see any better deals out there so probably will stick with them for another while until a better deal comes along. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I am currently with Pure Telecom for the last 18 months. I live out in the sticks so only get 4mb on a DSL line. I have had zero problems for my time with Pure Telecom. I am getting the same speed as I did when I was with other providers like Sky and Vodafone. Pure Telecom just resell eir broadband and seem to use eir for their backhaul as it comes up as eir when I do a speed test where Sky and Vodafone seem to use BT for their backhaul. I am just out of my 18 month contract with Pure and can't see any better deals out there so probably will stick with them for another while until a better deal comes along. Hope this helps.

It does. Thanks

Advertisement