Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Driver/Woods via Club Pro Shop

Options
  • 17-08-2018 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a bit of question for members on a new driver and woods. I am due to replace my current driver and woods, TM R750. I have funds on my club card from two yrs previous that need to be used by april of this year. Can only bring forward a balance of 10% on card, new rule introduced to the club. Woods are in need of change 10+ years old.

Looking for suggestion on this, budget of 750-900e, have done a little reading but not sure what to go with.

Handicap of 15 and play x2 weekly, 9 holes and a full 18.

Cheers

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeswecan wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a bit of question for members on a new driver and woods. I am due to replace my current driver and woods, TM R750. I have funds on my club card from two yrs previous that need to be used by april of this year. Can only bring forward a balance of 10% on card, new rule introduced to the club. Woods are in need of change 10+ years old.

Looking for suggestion on this, budget of 750-900e, have done a little reading but not sure what to go with.

Handicap of 15 and play x2 weekly, 9 holes and a full 18.

Cheers

R

Do they ever do fitting days in your club? Our pro has had a few sessions this year with fitters from Titleist, Ping, TM & Conga.

I went to a TM one & got the new M4 which I love so far (only played 3/4 rounds with it but it's like night & day compared to my old R15). Was around 400 for the M4 for driver alone. He took a look at my current M2 3w & said there was no benefit to anything new over it so happy out with that.

Depending on how many club's you're looking for a budget for 750-900 Will get you any club you want (except maybe the PXG clubs)

I'm an 11 handicap by the way with a swing speed in the low to mid 90s with driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman

Op, with that kind of budget its definitely worth getting a fitting done.
    You probably have enough to get Taylor Made or Ping woods and treat yourself to a nice new wedge too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fitting Fitting Fitting or at the very least try out as many clubs as you can.
    If getting a fitting then Trackman is excellent, you will see your starting stats and how they are impacted with the new clubs.

Enjoy early XMas

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement