Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is KN Networks only option for Install

Options
  • 17-08-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

Nightmare of a company so far - and they havent even landed onsite to actually perform the task.

At this stage I would be happy to cancel the whole thing and switch to another provider (from EIR) the run around is so bad.

Am i out of luck - are they installing for EIR only? or do they do the installs no matter who you pick? I live in Newport Tipp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭shigllgetcha

Yeh just KN.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

OpenEir contracts KN and KN only.

So it would always be KN, if it's a partner of OpenEir.

SIRO use Actavo and others. But that's only an option, if SIRO is available.

Virgin use their own techs. Etc etc etc.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Marlow wrote: »
    OpenEir contracts KN and KN only.

So it would always be KN, if it's a partner of OpenEir.

SIRO use Actavo and others. But that's only an option, if SIRO is available.

Virgin use their own techs. Etc etc etc.

/M

Did Sky not use Actavo as some part of a convoluted two part install for VDSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Did Sky not use Actavo as some part of a convoluted two part install for VDSL?

I think there is an option for ISPs to do the NT installation themselves.

On FTTH that is not possible yet.

/M

Advertisement