Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert subjects (applied maths?)

Options
  • 17-08-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi all,

I am about to go into 5th year, and am definitely doing these 7 subjects:

maths
    english
    irish

french
    art
    physics
    chemistry

(all higher level)

I also have the option of doing applied maths as an extra subject (which my school offers, so I'd have a few classes a week instead of doing it by myself outside school etc.) I did a module of t in TY and found it quite interesting, but more challenging than normal maths class.
    If I picked it up I'd be doing higher level, along with honours physics & honours maths

what I need to know is if it's worth it. I don't want to pick up an 8th subject (even if I'd get good marks in it) if it will stress me out and lose me study time in other subjects. I generally get good marks all around, so I don't think I'll need it as a substitute for points I'm lacking elsewhere.

So, is there any point in taking it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not worth the extra stress in my opinion, unless you are very worried about more than one of your existing subjects. You can only count six for your points.

Advertisement