Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting six months for increments

Options
  • 17-08-2018 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi all. I have three years experience from the UK in post primary teaching. I sent off all the paperwork for the incremental in Jan 2018 and my ETB confirmed in Feb 2018 that they had received all the documents needed. Six months later, they have yet to process my forms or adjust my pay scale. Nor have I seen a cent of back pay. I’ve tried emailing and phoning but the HR person I’m dealing with is starting to get impatient with me and keeps telling me she’ll be in touch when she has an update.

Anyone else dealing with a long wait for their credit? Or what are the rough timescales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I'm primary and applied in June 2016, letter of award received August 2016, money received January 2017.

Your lump sum of back pay will be heavily taxed so ask them for a statement which outlines how much money is relevant to each year you've worked for them, e.g. I received my money in 2017 but most of it related to work carried out in 2016. I had to wait until I got my P60 this year so they could review the overtax paid in 2017 and counteract that against the underpayment for 2016. I lost thousands to tax (I was awarded 5years+ of increments) and the review led to a refund of a few hundred.

Advertisement