Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert offers question

Options
  • 16-08-2018 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

In my results, I got three H2s, three H3s, a H4 in maths and a H5 in English (overall 495 or 509, depending on whether maths is counted, which i doubt will happen). I didn't expect the result in English, and I'll view the script to see whether I'll get it rechecked. The thing is, I put down Counselling and Psychotherapy in ICHAS, but it's the 1 year add-on to another course (should've checked it before adding it). I ranked it above Podiatry in NUIG online, so I'm wondering if I can still get Podiatry in my offers next week, as the ICHAS course needs a level 6 course already to get in? I wanted Occupational Therapy in NUIG, but I don't think that I'll get it now, so I'm hoping for Podiatry now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

They'll probably see that you made the mistake and you don't meet the requirements for the I course add on. Just to be on the safe side for your piece of mind. Give them admissions office a call for the add on course and they'll confirm what you are thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

jmb2k02 wrote: »
    In my results, I got three H2s, three H3s, a H4 in maths and a H5 in English (overall 495 or 509, depending on whether maths is counted, which i doubt will happen). I didn't expect the result in English, and I'll view the script to see whether I'll get it rechecked. The thing is, I put down Counselling and Psychotherapy in ICHAS, but it's the 1 year add-on to another course (should've checked it before adding it). I ranked it above Podiatry in NUIG online, so I'm wondering if I can still get Podiatry in my offers next week, as the ICHAS course needs a level 6 course already to get in? I wanted Occupational Therapy in NUIG, but I don't think that I'll get it now, so I'm hoping for Podiatry now.

What do you mean by that statement? Everyone who does HL maths get bonus points for it. Why would you be the exception? That means a points total of 509.

If you don't meet the requirements for the course, you won't be offered that course and you'll be offered the next course on your list that you are eligible for and have enough points for.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You just have to pass HL maths to get the bonus points, you don't actually have to get the honour in it.

Not the first one to get confused on that though ...

Advertisement