Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest road/turn table grant aided

Options
  • 16-08-2018 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hoping to start clearing trees to make room for a turn table for trucks.is it worth going for the grant or cheaper without.have my own pencil quarry on the farm.local forest company said they will look after it through the grant. Anything to be saved by getting a contractor myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

timmiekp wrote: »
    Hoping to start clearing trees to make room for a turn table for trucks.is it worth going for the grant or cheaper without.have my own pencil quarry on the farm.local forest company said they will look after it through the grant. Anything to be saved by getting a contractor myself.

As a forester who deals with this sort of thing, if you build the road yourself (using your own digger) and provide the material for building the road you can charge that to the department to claim the costs back, in your situation you should be able to make money on the grant as opposed to the forestry company saying oh yeah we will cover it

Get a second opinion on this before you commit to doing anything

and yes you will never get cheaper than a free road !

Advertisement