Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results

Options
  • 16-08-2018 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I am delighted mostly with my Leaving results. I have 124 more points than I require. The only trouble is I got a H2 in biology and construction studies but I was expecting a H1 in them and I thought the paper went well. Would it be worth viewing them and appealing them for the sake of 24 extra points if it goes my way? I know I’m probably in the clear for my course but I want to see H1s for my own head 😛 my course is biology related so I would have like to have seen a H1 in biology. Delighted with my H1 in geography though. What do you think I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

You can view the paper(s) without charge. Fill in the form that accompanied your results. Bring in someone with experience with you. Make an informed decision then.

The decision to recheck is yours. Personally I view the leaving results as a means to an end. You have ample points for your course. So happy days.

Congratulations on achieving your points and best wishes for your future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Having papers rechecked can mean downgrades as well as upgrades. I'd be inclined to leave well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’d be of the opinion that you should at least view the scripts. If your marks are close enough to the H1 then get them rechecked. It’s only fair that you (and your teacher) should be credited with a H1 if your paper merited it.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I would definitely check the papers out of interest anyway. Look at the papers and the marking schemes, and make an appeal if you feel like there are grounds for appeal. I needed 6 marks to go up a grade in a subject, but I could only find 3 I could really argue about, so I didn't go for it.

It's not too common, but sometimes mistakes can happen in correcting. I know of someone who checked a project of theirs and an entire page was unmarked, so their grade went up once it was rechecked.

So take a look and decide what is best for you having looked at your scripts and the marking scheme. Try to get in contact with the relevant teachers as they probably know the system better than you, especially if they have corrected state exams before. They can be helpful at spotting things that you might not. I thought that I deserved more marks in that same paper but my teacher, who corrected the exam that year, clarified that, unfortunately, I didn't deserve the marks for what I wrote down.

They might be busy that evening with others or they might not come in so that's why it's good to book them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

Thanks guys I’ll keep ye updated

• Advertisement
Advertisement