Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to reduce water pressure in attic pump

Options
  • 15-08-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have an attic pump - not sure of make, but i was wondering is there typically ways of changing the water pressure from them. The one we have the pressure is too high for our taps and they are spitting everywhere when on full. When we only have the taps half open there is fair bit of noise from the mixer taps. I was hoping that lower pressure would solve the issues.. 
    anyone have similar issues or know what may help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gazza87a wrote: »
    I have an attic pump - not sure of make, but i was wondering is there typically ways of changing the water pressure from them. The one we have the pressure is too high for our taps and they are spitting everywhere when on full. When we only have the taps half open there is fair bit of noise from the mixer taps. I was hoping that lower pressure would solve the issues.. 
    anyone have similar issues or know what may help

There are valves you can attach to lower pressure. I have these on my own taps as the pump pressure is too high.

I'm sure some of the plumbers on here will give more details, but just saying "yes, you've no worries there" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gazza87a

Thanks for that - would you have links to any examples?

Nope sorry, it was ages ago and the plumber supplied them, but some of the lads here should fill you in

were they installed just before the water taps or after the pump? Just if its after the pump that would affect the shower.

gazza87a wrote: »
    were they installed just before the water taps or after the pump? Just if its after the pump that would affect the shower.

Just before the sink taps, after the pump

My shower doesn't have them so I get the full wallop of the pumped water (which is a good thing)

• Advertisement

So I found a really quick and cheep way to fix this and without any DIY plumping:) 
    Get new aerators for the taps. Found a good one on amazon. only a few euro. 
    I got a 6ltr p/minute aerator that just replaced the existing one and it was amazing. Nice gently flow - the basins for the taps now don't nearly overflow when taps open fully and there is no splashing. And there is now no noise when taps are only half open.. 

There was an aerator on before that was just default. I don't know what flow it had but the new one certainly was an easy fix.

Advertisement