Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Croke Park Restricted View Davin?

  • 15-08-2018 9:28am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    Hi all,

    I have a ticket for the All Ireland Sunday in Upper Davin Section 722 Row 0. Does anyone know if this will be restricted by the big screen, would be a nightmare not to be able to see the scoreboard so just wondering. I have looked at the photos on Croke Park website but they tend to give the best possible view to sugar-coat it :) I know in previous posts the upper tiers goes from A to Z but looking at photos of the upper tier there seems to be more than 26 rows so if anyone can confirm this would be great as well. Thanks in advance.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ Exiled1


    The restricted view tickets are small in number. They cost €40 each and 'restricted view' is specified on the ticket. The 'restriction' means that generally you cannot see the sky above the Hill. I think they are in section 724/5/6 area.
    Your 722 ticket is fine, if a little high. Enjoy the game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ pajoguy


    Im on Row I of the upper Cusack and have a feeling im going to be looking through all the handrails around the exit and steps. I have seen a picture of row I in a different section on the this site
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/91862/Croke+Park/section-708/row-I/seat-15/

    Glad to have tickets though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭ shmeee


    pajoguy wrote: »
    Im on Row I of the upper Cusack and have a feeling im going to be looking through all the handrails around the exit and steps. I have seen a picture of row I in a different section on the this site
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/91862/Croke+Park/section-708/row-I/seat-15/

    Glad to have tickets though.

    I sat in similar seats in the Upper Hogan and the railings didn't bother me too much, I was up and down in my seat following the action anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭ yobr


    Exiled1 wrote: »
    The restricted view tickets are small in number. They cost €40 each and 'restricted view' is specified on the ticket. The 'restriction' means that generally you cannot see the sky above the Hill. I think they are in section 724/5/6 area.
    Your 722 ticket is fine, if a little high. Enjoy the game.

    How would you get a restricted view ticket? Do they go out to clubs in the normal way?


  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ pajoguy


    shmeee wrote: »
    I sat in similar seats in the Upper Hogan and the railings didn't bother me too much, I was up and down in my seat following the action anyway.

    Thanks for the re assurance

    Hopefully I will be on my feet for most of it! God help them all behind me!:D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭ CWF


    Up Limerick! Heading for the Davin myself


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    I would class that ticket from the photograph as restricted view myself but I'm sure you will make the best of it :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    Exiled1 wrote: »
    The restricted view tickets are small in number. They cost €40 each and 'restricted view' is specified on the ticket. The 'restriction' means that generally you cannot see the sky above the Hill. I think they are in section 724/5/6 area.
    Your 722 ticket is fine, if a little high. Enjoy the game.

    Thanks Exiled. I was just concerned about not being able to see the Scoreboard/Big screen at the Nally end from where it was. Row O is 15 rows from the front so will hopefully be ok. Just wondering do the rows in the upper tier just go from A to Z or do they go into double digits?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭ shmeee


    podgec20 wrote: »
    Thanks Exiled. I was just concerned about not being able to see the Scoreboard/Big screen at the Nally end from where it was. Row O is 15 rows from the front so will hopefully be ok. Just wondering do the rows in the upper tier just go from A to Z or do they go into double digits?

    Upper Tier rows for from A-Z.

    Here's a view I found from behind the scoreboard and classed as restricted view. You can't see the scoreboard or clock at Hill End.

    P28_02_09_18_59.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭ Trent Houseboat


    Looks like Mickey Harte sky Mickey Harte was at that pitch.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    shmeee wrote: »
    Upper Tier rows for from A-Z.

    Here's a view I found from behind the scoreboard and classed as restricted view. You can't see the scoreboard or clock at Hill End.

    P28_02_09_18_59.jpg

    Thanks for that Shmee. That's interesting, I would have thought that there was more than 26 rows in upper tier. If the seat in the photo you sent was classed as a restricted ticket due to not being able to view the scoreboard, that's a good sign for my seat.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭ kala85


    podgec20 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Shmee. That's interesting, I would have thought that there was more than 26 rows in upper tier. If the seat in the photo you sent was classed as a restricted ticket due to not being able to view the scoreboard, that's a good sign for my seat.

    There's only 26 rows in upper levels section 700s etc.

    And once you have sat there for a match or two at the very back you'll know its high up enough!!!

    Other than that try the sky line tour for heights


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭ Edgware


    podgec20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

    I have a ticket for the All Ireland Sunday in Upper Davin Section 722 Row 0. Does anyone know if this will be restricted by the big screen, would be a nightmare not to be able to see the scoreboard so just wondering. I have looked at the photos on Croke Park website but they tend to give the best possible view to sugar-coat it :) I know in previous posts the upper tiers goes from A to Z but looking at photos of the upper tier there seems to be more than 26 rows so if anyone can confirm this would be great as well. Thanks in advance.

    Upper Davin is fine. Its when you are below the net line and looking at the hurling through mesh that its not great


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    Edgware wrote: »
    Upper Davin is fine. Its when you are below the net line and looking at the hurling through mesh that its not great

    Thanks Edgware, I was in the first few rows of the Davin lower for the 2013 replay between Cork and Clare. I spent most of the game looking around at the action on the big screen particularly whet the ball went past halfway line :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    The following link is from AViewfromMy Seat.com and is in Same section Section UPP722, Row Y, Seat taken the night of a concert. I am in row O which is 10 rows in front of this so I'm hoping that I will just be ok to see the Scoreboard at the Hill End28https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/86868/Croke+Park/section-UPP722/row-Y/seat-28/


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20


    Thanks to everyone for all their advice. I'm sure you will be delighted to know that I had a fully unobstructed view of the pitch and of Limerick winning the All-Ireland for the first time in 45 years :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ pajoguy


    podgec20 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for all their advice. I'm sure you will be delighted to know that I had a fully unobstructed view of the pitch and of Limerick winning the All-Ireland for the first time in 45 years :)

    Me too...............20180819_145925.jpg


Advertisement