Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cheapest car and car insurance.

Options
  • 14-08-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm 19 years old with a provisional license, I'm looking to spend as little as possible. Cheapest and worst model possible with cheapest insurance.

Anyone have any suggested models?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Anything 1 litre or less.

Look at likes of Yaris. Put engine size in Done deal and get a reg of a car and try a few different insurance companies.

It's all yours to do nobody can tell you cheapest as they are all crazy and especially for new drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Something small, a yaris, polo, something like that. 1.0 or 1.2, as new as you can afford. Having said that, if you're insured in your own name on a provisional it's always going to be fairly expensive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 20rIrish

Cheers lads, Do you know if I can buy insurance by a monthly basis?

And I don't need an exact model with prices just like the suggestions above thanks a million for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

20rIrish wrote: »

And I don't need an exact model with prices just like the suggestions above thanks a million for them.

Some will allow you pay over 8 or 9 months. Don't miss any though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Monthly but set up for a year so direct debit.
    This usually carries an extra charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Something small, a yaris, polo, something like that. 1.0 or 1.2, as new as you can afford. Having said that, if you're insured in your own name on a provisional it's always going to be fairly expensive anyway.

Problem with these is that all learners/new drivers are in them so the insurance can be high. To get cheap insurance you need to find a car that no one else in your peer group would drive and try and insure that, you will get some good and a lot of bad quotes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You can buy for a year, not on a month by month basis as far as I know.

You will pay three months deposit basically, then pay monthly by direct debit. Last three months you've have it paid off, so a good idea would be to put aside the payments anyway to cover next deposit.

Advertisement