Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Star Trek on its way

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Registering as what? websites or copyright? Though I think in both case the registering entity should also be public (to confirm if it's official)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Destiny is a trilogy of DS9 books so maybe not something new and I hope the Reliant isn't another interquel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Star Trek: Reliant I seen that on Facebook and thought nothing of it. Thought it must be fake news. People were linking it to Picard which made no sense. Star Trek:Stargazer on the other hand would make sense.
    Did not know about the other one. I am surprised there has not been a Star Trek:Titan one registered yet. That seems like it could be a good series. Nice ship and a very diverse crew too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd leave the books alone, and create a completely new series. If you want multiple shows, have them set across a range of different ships. Standard Starfleet ship in one, exploration vessel in another, smuggler in another etc...Have them cross paths every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Evade wrote: »
    Destiny is a trilogy of DS9 books so maybe not something new and I hope the Reliant isn't another interquel.

Destiny is that massive cross over mess with the borg invasion isn't it?
    With 7,000 cube invasion, time travel, NX columbia, humanity as the origin of the borg and the eventual defeat of them too... its mad stuff
    AMKC wrote: »
    I am surprised there has not been a Star Trek:Titan one registered yet. That seems like it could be a good series. Nice ship and a very diverse crew too.
    too late now with a lot of the actors ageing so much since Nemisis, it's supposed to be set straight after and includes Riker, Troi, Tuvok, Ogawa and some minor all previous in either TNG, DS9 or VOY

• Advertisement

With 7,000 cube invasion, time travel, NX columbia, humanity as the origin of the borg and the eventual defeat of them too... its mad stuff
    I haven't read them I just recognised the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

too late now with a lot of the actors ageing so much since Nemisis, it's supposed to be set straight after and includes Riker, Troi, Tuvok, Ogawa and some minor all previous in either TNG, DS9 or VOY

Maybe for the original cast but what if they recast them. Get new actors in but have say Jonathan Frakes there giving advice to his actor and directing as well. The same for the other actors but maybe not all directing. Can only have so many directors.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Maybe for the original cast but what if they recast them. Get new actors in but have say Jonathan Frakes there giving advice to his actor and directing as well. The same for the other actors but maybe not all directing. Can only have so many directors.
    If they're going to make new live action stuff with TNG and beyond characters I'd like them to use the original actors while they're still capable of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Star Trek: Destiny eh? I'd rather a contuation (or at least a wrap-up) to the voyages of this Destiny myself...

As for Reliant.. FFS! Can we stop going back to reboot/play on name recognition and do something new for a change?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    As for Reliant.. FFS! Can we stop going back to reboot/play on name recognition and do something new for a change?
    It's a strange pull alright. How many people would instantly recognise that name? I hope it's a 25th century series with the Reliant-A or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just to be clear, this is all based off an unconfirmed Reddit thread with no citations about what was 'registered' or by whom. Nor have I seen any other outlet report this. And frankly the fact this 'Destiny' is based off books that sound hilariously fawning should be enough of a red flag - I call bullsh*t on the whole thing.

It just popped into my head that there's a USS Destiny. It was the ship that was supposed to bring Dax back to Trill after Jadzia was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Evade wrote: »
    It's a strange pull alright. How many people would instantly recognise that name? I hope it's a 25th century series with the Reliant-A or something.

Could it be a reference/name for the Meyer-helmed Khan series maybe?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Could it be a reference/name for the Meyer-helmed Khan series maybe?
    Maybe but Khan only had control of the Reliant for a few days so there's not much story to get out of the Augments talking among themselves trying to figure out how to fly the ship.

Advertisement