Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rakuten Cinema Club Streaming sub

Options
  • 14-08-2018 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Bit off topic but perhaps worth noting given the forum that Rakuten now have a streaming option; 7.99 a month for a movie a day (though you have 48 hours to watch them) so no binging but it has a good selection of new releases and a decent back catalogue (though recent items that are on other streaming services - namely Sky Movies from a quick cross check -seem to be absent, likely due to exclusivity agreements once they get them). Only HD content. Could really shake things up, if it lasts....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

The guys who bought play.com?

What's the streaming quality like?

Any sort of a catelogue list? Or a screenshot at least to judge?

When you say 48 hours, do you mean from the moment you select a movie? So I could pick one, pause it immediately, and watch two movies the next day? That's not very convenient - if I have a few mates over, I'd want to be able to pick two movies today.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

mikhail wrote: »
    The guys who bought play.com?

What's the streaming quality like?

Any sort of a catelogue list? Or a screenshot at least to judge?

When you say 48 hours, do you mean from the moment you select a movie? So I could pick one, pause it immediately, and watch two movies the next day? That's not very convenient - if I have a few mates over, I'd want to be able to pick two movies today.

HD only, no UHD in Ireland yet (I checked with support), not watched a full movie so can't comment on overall quality, but based on the start of Peter Rabbit (which has a fast opening shot running around) quality seems OK though how it fares at peak times I don't know. Seems like 48 hours from click rather than starting to watch so you could pick one today and watch two tomorrow. In terms of catalogue just check it out here, a fair bit of recent stuff; Ready Player One, Pacific Rim etc https://ie.rakuten.tv.

one week free then 7.99

Advertisement