Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one must have games

Options
  • 14-08-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭

I have bought an xbox one... I am not saying I am outta the loop when it comes to consoles.... But my last one was a ps2... Lol

Could someone let me know must have games?
    Is xbox live good and worth money? Is the Ea one any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Buttros

You'd probably get a better response in the Xbox Forums.

EA one is great for the sports titles if thats your thing. You wont have the latest but if your just getting back to it that might matter. Titanfall is great fun. Battlefield and Dragon Ages there too... The Mass Effect games. Plants Vs Zombies :) Less said about Need for Speed the better. Its a long enough list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access#Games_in_the_Vault

Xbox Game Pass is looking better all the time. MSFT trying to create a netflix of games i suppose and their own in house games like Gears of War and Forza going directly there day one. Forza Horizon 4 is the end of Sept i think. Currently has a long enough list to keep you occupied indefinately. Fallout 4, All the gears games, Rocket League, Halo 5 (others are coming once they'd been updated) Over 100 games total. Seems 215 games at the moment.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-13-xbox-game-pass-games-list-price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

You'll need nothing more.

Go for the full package.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gmisk wrote: »
    I have bought an xbox one... I am not saying I am outta the loop when it comes to consoles.... But my last one was a ps2... Lol

Could someone let me know must have games?
    Is xbox live good and worth money? Is the Ea one any good?

Ori and the Blind Forest and Cuphead are two excellent indie games worth playing.

If you like online shooters Overwatch is excellent.

Doom and Titanfall 2 are well worth playing as well. Doom is available on Gamepass and TF2 on EA Access. You should give Halo Master Chief Collection a go as well (think this might be available on Gamepass as well).

Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games ever made but it's absolutely huge.

Other single player games to consider are Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider remakes and Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Buttros

Yeah. On second thoughts, just play the witcher 3 ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

Buttros wrote: »
    Yeah. On second thoughts, just play the witcher 3 ðŸ˜

Just finished this recently, wasn't a big fan of this kind of game and preferred shooters but couldn't put this down, the amount of times that you end up doing side quests for the craic.

I have the EA access and think it's worth the €24 (cdkeys) for the year subscription. I'd always go for Xbox live subscription as well, free games very month and For Honor is free from Thursday as well so that could be a good pickup.

I've had mine for a year now and the main games I play are Overwatch, PUBG, Witcher 3 and NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Resident Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not a bad time to get into Xbox for the first time.

I would say definitely use up any free trials of EA Access and Game Pass. There are lots of games in there and it'll cost you n'out.

Gears of War back catalog (avoid Judgement though) - Gears 1 is the reason I got back into gaming after "growing out of it" in late teens.
    Rise of Tomb Raider
    Titanfall 2
    Halo (not a big fan but it seems popular)

That's a small sample - there really are too many to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games ever made but it's absolutely huge.

Are there as many cut scenes in Witcher 3 as Witcher2? Heard so much good, but reluctant to pull the trigger. W2 annoyed me. Lasted an hour of it.

Edit: assassins creed origins is worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Are there as many cut scenes in Witcher 3 as Witcher2? Heard so much good, but reluctant to pull the trigger. W2 annoyed me. Lasted an hour of it.

There's a few but, I mean, it's leaps and bounds ahead of W2.

As for the o.p., I really enjoyed the Wolfenstein games!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

I got tired of Witcher 2, but Witcher 3 is absolutely superb. Just get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'm guessing then you don't need to have played 1 or 2 to get in on 3? Have never played any of the Witcher games but am considering 3 based on the feedback.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

correction wrote: »
    I'm guessing then you don't need to have played 1 or 2 to get in on 3? Have never played any of the Witcher games but am considering 3 based on the feedback.

I never got into 1 or 2, but 3 was amazing, and it never felt that I was missing massive parts of the story. I'd have no problem recommending it and it's two DLC. In fact, it's probably the one game where I'd say the DLC is as good as the main game.

There's a few things to note before you start on it though. You start out in White Orchard, a tutorial area. It's not great, to be honest. Get the witcher gear from there and get into the main game asap. It's also an incredibly dense game, for me, I compare it to watching The Wire, or Breaking Bad. I had to take breaks from it occasionally, as I realised I wasn't appreciating the story lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

CatInABox wrote: »
    I never got into 1 or 2, but 3 was amazing, and it never felt that I was missing massive parts of the story. I'd have no problem recommending it and it's two DLC. In fact, it's probably the one game where I'd say the DLC is as good as the main game.

There's a few things to note before you start on it though. You start out in White Orchard, a tutorial area. It's not great, to be honest. Get the witcher gear from there and get into the main game asap. It's also an incredibly dense game, for me, I compare it to watching The Wire, or Breaking Bad. I had to take breaks from it occasionally, as I realised I wasn't appreciating the story lines.

It's important to load up in White orchard as much as you can though. It makes some of the early boss fights later on a bit easier.

Advertisement