Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhinoplasty abroad

Options
  • 13-08-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

It’s been a few years since I’ve broken my nose and the longer I leave it the more uncomfortable it is to sleep due to only breathing through one good nostril.

Can anyone recommend good plastic surgeons abroad that would be fairly responsibly priced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you health insurance? I had it done and a bit more, got an infection 2 weeks after the operation ending having to go back again. Screwballed if it happened abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I had a septo-rhinopasty done in Cork. Cost €5k. My nose and septum were crooked and had a bad hump on my nose too.
    Money well spent in my opinion as I am very happy with the result.

Even if I got the same result in a foreign country for half the price there really is no substitute for the peace of mind of having it done local and having the surgeon having a clinic literally across the road from where I work.

It's all well and good going foreign until you find yourself with complications or infection. Then you are screwed big time. The €2.5k premium for having it done in ireland will seem very cheap if you end up with complications that could, potentially, leave you badly disfigured. Of course, that could happen here too but you would be able to see your surgeon much much quicker than if they are based in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was cork as well probably the same guy. Happy with the job. Doing it again I'd aim for summer and not winter when there's a higher chance of getting a cold etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Oh cool.
    Was it guy with a name as Gaeilge that he happens to share with a certain Sinn Fein politician?

Advertisement