Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power washer pump replacement

Options
  • 13-08-2018 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

hi
    iv got a SEALEY POWER PRODUCTS power washer. perfect 10hp diesel engine. got it second hand a few years back. 3600psi

the thing is. . .. . pressure isnt great. tried fixin it , checking for dirt etc, but no joy.

Brought it to a guy to fix but he said he wouldn't bother with it?!!

anyway, im goin to replace the pump. guy i went to see said the pump is about €500 new. and that id be better off just buy a new honda one (which he has in stock) for €1600!!!

however, looking on eBay, i can get a pump to suit for anything from €80 (plus postage from india!) to £350.

i don't have much use for this, would it be worth takin a chance on a pump from india? or something under £200. they cant be that bad, if they are new. would surely do a good bit for me.

anyone have any ideas , or what would be a good , powerful replacment pump to get, for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You have a few choices, Cat pumps are excellent but pricey, Interpump similar, Annovi reverberi are a bit cheaper but still good.
    Cheap pumps are just that cheap, what is the current pump?
    The issue is that you probably need a gearbox with your pump as the diesel will spin a lot slower than the standard direct drive Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You have a few choices, Cat pumps are excellent but pricey, Interpump similar, Annovi reverberi are a bit cheaper but still good.
    The issue is that you probably need a gearbox with your pump as the diesel will spin a lot slower than the standard direct drive Honda.

thanks for that CJhaughey. Its a Sealey washer. dont know the make of the pump.

so what sort of money would the pumps you mention above be ? and where would i get a 'good cheap one " so, if such a thing!?

CJhaughey wrote: »

. .also, whats the story with the single input pump vrs the double input? apparently the double input is better ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't know what the configuration of the engine is , you need to know the rpm of the engine and the shaft diameter and if its a male or female shaft.
    Bolt patterns can vary for mountings as well.
    If you take your pump off the engine and measure it up you'll know what you are looking for, there are a few good sellers on ebay if you search for Interpump or Cat pumps, the US uses a lot of AR pumps more so than here for some reason.
    There should be a spec plate on the pump somewhere if its anyway good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

you'll never get a gearbox to connect both to the engine you have and some random pump off ebay. You might, but it would be a lot of leg work.

Trying to fix up old things like this is only fooking around. Go away and buy a new pressure washer and be done with it.

• Advertisement

you'll never get a gearbox to connect both to the engine you have and some random pump off ebay. You might, but it would be a lot of leg work.

Trying to fix up old things like this is only fooking around. Go away and buy a new pressure washer and be done with it.

Thanks. but it cant be that hard. engine shaft is an inch diameter, female. 10hp engine at 3600rpm. i cant see the point in spending €1500 for a washer, if i have a perfect engine sitting idle, and can get a good pump for maybe €450. if i give all details to pump sulpliers shurly they can just give me the right one. ??

Advertisement