Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Late Late Show outro music

• 13-08-2018 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Does anyone know of where there's a place to see the older (Gay Byrne days) Late Late show outro? There is a video of the introduction online but not the show's outro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

That question was Kind of asked a few years ago on boards.. here is the link!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055079824

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That thread refers to the opening titles (To Whom it Concerns by Chris Andrews). The lesser remembered closing tune was “The Late Late Show” by Nat King Cole, but usually only about 10 seconds, because in Gay Byrne’s era the Late Late unorthodoxily ran its credits at the start rather than the end. If it’s the visuals you’re interested in rather than the music, all it was was a slide with a freeze frame of the logo from the opening titles with “(C) RTE 1999” or whatever at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Years later I'm only seeing this and getting to you now. Thank you so much for the reply. It solved the mystery for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I can confirm that the closing theme was just played over a still slide. I saw the late 80s, early 90s version somewhere online, probably on killianM2's YouTube channel which was banned unfortunately.

Regarding the opening titles, while the song was indeed To Whom It Concerns, RTE didn't use the Chris Andrews version. They used the Ken Woodman version from the album Town Talk.

Advertisement