Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortgage Application with Skrill on Bank Account

• 13-08-2018 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi.
    So we're in a position where we're looking to apply for a mortgage. Over the months of June/July I lodged probably €80/90 euro total into an online bookmaker via Skrill (mostly €5 or €10) . This will show up as Skrill on my bank account. Outside of this there's no other transactions to skrill or gambling sites.

Is this likely to raise queries with the bank?
    Will they ask for my skrill statement?

I'm aware I shouldn't have deposited this way but our situation changed and we're looking to apply sooner than expected.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Highly unlikely I would have thought.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

It depends on the bank I guess but I doubt that amount total would ring any alarm bells. I moved mortgages recently and as my wife was out of work they were only taking my salary into account, so it was tight enough. I had put €22 on my debit card on the lotto weekly for a few months for a work syndicate, and nothing was said. Probably more in the region of €500 over 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

It depends on the bank I guess but I doubt that amount total would ring any alarm bells. I moved mortgages recently and as my wife was out of work they were only taking my salary into account, so it was tight enough. I had put €22 on my debit card on the lotto weekly for a few months for a work syndicate, and nothing was said. Probably more in the region of €500 over 6 months.

Cheers for that. As far as my bank account goes, it's squeaky clean apart from the skrill stuff. Would anyone know are they likely to ask to see my skrill statement? And would it cause any issues for the application assuming everything else was to be in order?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Cheers for that. As far as my bank account goes, it's squeaky clean apart from the skrill stuff. Would anyone know are they likely to ask to see my skrill statement? And would it cause any issues for the application assuming everything else was to be in order?

Cheers

Unlikely they’ll ask for anything like that to be fair! Why is there something on there they should be worried about :) transactions are small so I doubt they’ll pay much heed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Why is there something on there they should be worried about :)

Nothing else out of the ordinary other than the skrill transactions. Mostly €5 here and there. Never more than €20 a week. Just don't want to risk the applications being rejected. Not sure if I'm worrying over nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 cr90

Hey! How did you get on with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Banks dont care about the odd €10 or €20 that goes to gambling sites as long as you have the money to do it.

Source: me who just got a mortgage and had about 100 - 150 a month going to a bookies clearly identified on the bank statement

Advertisement