Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Fertility Clinic

• 13-08-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Cork Fertility Clinic in Tivoli? I have had my bloods done and we are due to have my husbands semen analysis and our first consultation very soon. We are both in our late 30s and neither of us have any children. I am also due to have the transvaginal scan. I was wondering exactly what they can tell from this scan? Is it just a check on the ovaries etc? I was reading up on other boards and it seems they don't check the fallopian tubes during this test? Also, I would like to know what happens at the first consultation? Is a plan set out there and then? I am just anxious because of our age, and I am afraid it will be a long process, and end up being too late for us!
    Any help would be greatly received and appreciated!!
    Thank You so much in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I went to them for treatment and I found them great.

Trans-vaginal scan will give them an idea of how your ovaries look and the womb itself of course. As far as I know the have to do a separate test to check that your tubes are open. I think it is more invasive. I don't have much information on that im afraid as I had fibroid surgery and they checked my tubes as part of that so i never had that test.

There will come up with a plan after the first consultation. Try not to worry too much about your age. Of course it is a factor but most clients heading to fertility clinics are in their mid to late 30s!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hopeful 2018

Thank You so much for your reply. I am a bit anxious about whether I've left it too late or not. Although most of my delay was waiting for my doctor to refer me on for tests, only to find out after a long time that she never did!! So we decided to go about it ourselves. Hopefully something can be done. I suppose I will know more after the first consultation. Thank You so much for your reply. I hope everything worked out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Thank You so much for your reply. I am a bit anxious about whether I've left it too late or not. Although most of my delay was waiting for my doctor to refer me on for tests, only to find out after a long time that she never did!! So we decided to go about it ourselves. Hopefully something can be done. I suppose I will know more after the first consultation. Thank You so much for your reply. I hope everything worked out for you!

I was 37 when we went there for our first consultation and like you, I was very worried that we had left it too late. Then I discovered I had fibroids which meant surgery so I was nearly 38 when we started treatment. We welcomed twins just after my 39th birthday :)

brokensoul wrote: »
    I was 37 when we went there for our first consultation and like you, I was very worried that we had left it too late. Then I discovered I had fibroids which meant surgery so I was nearly 38 when we started treatment. We welcomed twins just after my 39th birthday :)

Oh wow!!! That's fantastic news!! That has given me huge hope! Congratulations! A houseful in one go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I attended them as well and found them great too. I was diagnosed with PCOS and they discussed the treatment plan at the initial consultation. I also got a HSG to check the Fallopian tubes. I did 9 months of ovulation induction 8 months of clomid and the last month was with FSH and I got pregnant that month.

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    I attended them as well and found them great too. I was diagnosed with PCOS and they discussed the treatment plan at the initial consultation. I also got a HSG to check the Fallopian tubes. I did 9 months of ovulation induction 8 months of clomid and the last month was with FSH and I got pregnant that month.

Thank You very much bee06. I suppose they base their treatment on their findings after the scans & tests? I will let you know how it goes anyway. Fingers crossed. Massive congratulations on your success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thank You very much bee06. I suppose they base their treatment on their findings after the scans & tests? I will let you know how it goes anyway. Fingers crossed. Massive congratulations on your success!

Exactly, they can’t say what the most appropriate course of action is until they know if or what the issue is.

Advertisement