Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a ceiling

Options
  • 13-08-2018 1:31pm

Hi all,

I haven't painted a ceiling in a long time, so just checking on some basics.

The ceiling is covered in wallpaper. Part of the ceiling (near a large patio door that has since been replaced), has had some damp on it, which has since dried and has left some light coloured mottling on it. The mottling can be easily wiped away.

The wallpaper appears not to have been affected by the damp, as it appears to have been superficial.

I'm probably being lazy here, but would it be necessary to remove all the mottling before it is painted? Or would paint cover it without affecting the paint colour?

Also, whats the best paint to cover a ceiling with, in terms or white matt, vinyl emulsion? etc.

Also, I would always have been a brush man, but would a roller have a better finish?

Thanks

Advertisement