Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet gear.

Options
  • 13-08-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

For walks like to Greystones to Bray or longer can anyone recommend a good quality waterproof jacket and leggings.

We did the Bray thing on Saturday in the rain and it was actually quite enjoyable. However, we were using sailing wet gear and that just does not breathe comfortably for walking !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

check out sportpursuit
    they have a gore tex sale on at the moment
    I got a Marmot minimilast jacket from them, super jacket for the money
    they have goretex trousers aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Craghoppers do excellent trousers all told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What's your budget?

tbh I don't ever wear leggings. Even the best breathable ones make me sweat. I wear quick drying, light, hiking trousers. Even if I get drenched they dry very quickly when it stop just from body heat.

For jackets I use a Paramo smock - not cheap by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Gore-tex et al only work when the relative humidity outside the jacket/pants is less than the humidity inside. Problem with Ireland is often that's not the case meaning expensive materials don't work. For a short walk like Bray-Greystones I'd go for the quick drying pants...

Advertisement