Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got furniture built and shipped from other European country?

Options
  • 13-08-2018 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I am new to Ireland and just bought a tiny one bedroom apartment in Dublin for myself. I need to get a fair bit of work done on it - new kitchen, new bathroom, dining/living/bedroom furniture.

I was hoping to get them built as per the interior designs but not only am I finding it hard to get a decent carpenter on board, the prices are way out of my budget. I was wondering if anyone either got them built and delivered from an Easter European country or bought ready made sofas etc from there?

Long shot, perhaps, but worth a try!

Thanks heaps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very little furniture actually is made in Ireland. Most of the big furniture outlets import there products. I bought a nice fancy leather sofa in DFS. DFS get all their sofas made in China and then shipped in on the boat.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is Ikea not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nomadtraveler

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Very little furniture actually is made in Ireland. Most of the big furniture outlets import there products. I bought a nice fancy leather sofa in DFS. DFS get all their sofas made in China and then shipped in on the boat.

Thanks Tyson,

They charge the standard Irish rate though :( I was hoping to cut down on the total costs if I can get the entire set made as per my designs and shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thanks Tyson,

They charge the standard Irish rate though :( I was hoping to cut down on the total costs if I can get the entire set made as per my designs and shipped.

They do indeed, ikea is probably your best bet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement