Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom refurb.

Options
  • 13-08-2018 11:58am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at doing one on a toilet/shower room. It's well overdue as the suite is a hideous green and tiles are equally grim. Floor is actually ok (tiled).

What I'm considering doing is to replace the loo, sink and shower tray in white, paint the majority of the tiles, and install plastic sheeting/cladding around the shower.

I'm wondering how good a finish is possible on the tiles? They are floor to ceiling so would need to be pretty good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I'm looking at doing one on a toilet/shower room. It's well overdue as the suite is a hideous green and tiles are equally grim. Floor is actually ok (tiled).

What I'm considering doing is to replace the loo, sink and shower tray in white, paint the majority of the tiles, and install plastic sheeting/cladding around the shower.

I'm wondering how good a finish is possible on the tiles? They are floor to ceiling so would need to be pretty good.

Painting tiles always looks terrible in my opinion but that's just me.

If you want to test it to see what it will look like then just buy a couple of similar tiles and a small can of the tile paint you want and try it out and see what the tiles will look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

+1
    Dog's dinner for full team of huskies

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think it can look "not horrible" when just painted but that look doesn't last long

Advertisement