Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Athy

Options
  • 13-08-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello all,

I am moving to Athy in a few weeks and am looking to get my broadband set up asap. Which provider has the strongest connection on the Dublin side in the older estates.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

I'm on Dublin side but one of the newer-ish estates - not sure which providers are in older estates

I've been with Eircom/Eir 12+yrs down here now and never had a problem 50mb package (been up around 70mb last few months)
    Vodafone & Sky are around here too (obviously using Eir lines)

Digiweb offer satellite BB and I was going to go with them at one point, but, where my house iss lcated in the estate was a bit of a black spot and not good area for the mast.

Virgin are only coming to Athy now with BB, they are currently laying their own fiber all over Athy, inc old and new estates.
    So I think will offer 240mb & possibly 360mb starting off.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 18 84john

Pablod wrote: »
    I'm on Dublin side but one of the newer-ish estates - not sure which providers are in older estates

I've been with Eircom/Eir 12+yrs down here now and never had a problem 50mb package (been up around 70mb last few months)
    Vodafone & Sky are around here too (obviously using Eir lines)

Digiweb offer satellite BB and I was going to go with them at one point, but, where my house iss lcated in the estate was a bit of a black spot and not good area for the mast.

Virgin are only coming to Athy now with BB, they are currently laying their own fiber all over Athy, inc old and new estates.
    So I think will offer 240mb & possibly 360mb starting off.

Hope this helps

Sorry for delay, notification only cane through. Thanks a million. I think I will go wity eir.

Advertisement