Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - free change of flight due to original one delayed

Options
  • 12-08-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

So my flight with Ryanair from Cork was twice delayed for a total of about 6 hours and I was informed by Ryanair via email that I had the option to change the flight to a different one, even with different departure and destination airports. I took this option and proceeded to the Swissport desk, as told by Ryanair staff at the gate, to get it done.

At the Swissport desk, I was told then that I could only change to a different date, and it had to be the same departure & destination airport. I showed them the email from Ryanair. Then they told me they could change my flights to new ones different departure and destination airports but those flights had to be within 7 days from the day of the original flight, and they insisted that they could do nothing about it, and recommended that I queued up on the live chat system if I didn't agree with this.

Was I given correct information? I could not find this 7 day limit anywhere on Ryanair website.

Advertisement