Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure of what course to pick

Options
  • 11-08-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm going into 6th year this September and I have a rough idea of what I want to do after I'm done. Now here is where my issue comes in, a lot of the courses that I want to do have a low CAO requirement (eg: 350, 290, etc...) and what I was wondering is;

-Does a low CAO entry requirement = A bad course

If it helps I want to work in the IT sector and CIT is the college I have in mind because I live in Cork.

Here are the courses I was talking about:
    1) w w w.cit.ie/course/CR116
    2) /w w w.cit.ie/course/CR310

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'm going into 6th year this September and I have a rough idea of what I want to do after I'm done. Now here is where my issue comes in, a lot of the courses that I want to do have a low CAO requirement (eg: 350, 290, etc...) and what I was wondering is;

-Does a low CAO entry requirement = A bad course

If it helps I want to work in the IT sector and CIT is the college I have in mind because I live in Cork.

Here are the courses I was talking about:
    1) w w w.cit.ie/course/CR116
    2) /w w w.cit.ie/course/CR310

Points only have to do with supply and demand. The points listed are the points that the last person to be accepted had last year. The last person may have got 350 but the first person may have got 625. It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Exactly, if there's plenty of places available and / or if demand is not high, then points won't be high either.

Advertisement