Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do you think a Star Trek movie should be?

Options
  • 11-08-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I think a Star Trek movie does not and should not need to be a blockbuster. It is never going to challenge the likes of the Marvel movies or Disney with there Star Wars movies.
    I think a Star Trek movie should challenge you, make you think, ask moral and ethical questions. When I come out of the cinema after seeing a Star Trek movie I want to still be thinking about that movie about what I just saw and asking questions. Not some turn your brain off at the door blockbuster with loads of explosions and fighting. I think Paramount need to rethink there Star Trek movies and maybe start over. They do not need to go crazy on special effect or sets. Just get decent actors and create a movie that looks good and challenges us, gets us to think and ask questions.
    I think of the new movies ''Into Darkness'' did have a little of that but ''Insurrection'' and ''The Undiscovered Country'' done it much better even The Wrath of Khan had you thinking and asking questions long after the film was over.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

We need Cowboy Diplomacy.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement