Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really want to meet an older woman

Options
  • 10-08-2018 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks,

I'm a guy in my mid 30's and I'm desperate to find an older woman. For as long as I can remember I've fantasized about being with a woman at least 15 years older than me. I find their maturity particularly attractive.

I've found it extremely hard to meet someone older through the usual channels (pubs/clubs etc)

While I'm up for pursuing something longer term at first I'm looking to keep things casual.

Does anyone around the greater Dublin area either 1. Want to meet up for a drink (and hopefully more) or 2. know where the best place to go to meet women in this demographic.

Sorry if this post comes across as crass or similar but I'm really just looking for honest replies.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Does anyone around the greater Dublin area either 1. Want to meet up for a drink (and hopefully more)

OP don’t go propositioning women on boards! :D
    My advice try some of the more sophisticated pubs and clubs - ones that attract an older crowd.
    Or try online. State in your profile your age range or contact the ladies yourself.
    There’s also online dating websites specifically for Toyboy/Cougar dates but I have no experience of them, so can’t comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Throwaway0505

Does anyone around the greater Dublin area either 1. Want to meet up for a drink (and hopefully more)

OP don’t go propositioning women on boards! :D
    My advice try some of the more sophisticated pubs and clubs - ones that attract an older crowd.
    Or try online. State in your profile your age range or contact the ladies yourself.
    There’s also online dating websites specifically for Toyboy/Cougar dates but I have no experience of them, so can’t comment.
    Ha ha! Thanks for the advice!

I've found any online dating sites don't work for me at all.

You're right, probably my best bet is to go somewhere where the demographic is a little older.

I find it a lot harder to connect with someone online than I do in real life so it makes sense to try to meet face to face.

The search continues!

Thanks for your reply

bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Have you tried Rain nightclub under the Portobello Pub on South Richmond Street?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Have you tried Rain nightclub under the Portobello Pub on South Richmond Street?
    I have not ... But I will now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I have not ... But I will now!

Good spot.

You could also try Knightsbridge on the quays near O' Connell bridge.
    There's also O'Shea's further up towards the Civic offices and there's a place on Harcourt street who's name escapes me.

Nice one folks! Thanks for the leads. I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

You just need to get out there and approach them more. I hsveva mate who would be classed as abit stupid(1990s term). Isn't really good looking but he has a set of brass balls and asks every bird out he meets. He manages to get a date every few weeks just by having the courage to ask. You'll be surprised at how many you'll click with if you just change your mind set. As for the mate, once they find out what he's really like, they chase him but that's after he's been with them in the bedroom for awhile.

Older women can be fun if you find the right ones, esp with wine in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭anewme

kingbhome wrote: »
    You just need to get out there and approach them more. I hsveva mate who would be classed as abit stupid(1990s term). Isn't really good looking but he has a set of brass balls and asks every bird out he meets. He manages to get a date every few weeks just by having the courage to ask. You'll be surprised at how many you'll click with if you just change your mind set. As for the mate, once they find out what he's really like, they chase him but that's after he's been with them in the bedroom for awhile.

Older women can be fun if you find the right ones, esp with wine in them.

Where to start with this?

Anyone referring to women as "birds' has zero class.

As for older women CAN be fun, especially with wine in them.....what kind of stereotypical bull**** is this?

Do you think all older women are ditzy Bridget Jones types lowering back cheap Chardonnay and then Mum dancing?

Get real.

This is in relationship issues, so advice on getting gettjng cheap one night stands with "older birds" is cringe.

When I get approached by people like this, they are promptly told in no uncertain terms to go and kiss my royal ass.

I suppose it's a numbers game for these type of people, so if they knock on 100 doors and one out of a hundred opens, then that's their objective.

Im not sure the OP is genuine, but as an older woman I run from these people fantasising about older women. stop pigeon holing people. It comes across as sleazy, desperate and cringey.

Too much going on on life to be "teaching" anyone anything.

You say you had no luck on dating sites and I can understand this.

Older women seriously seeking a relationship are all plagued by these wanna be toy boys and it gets boring. I was plagued by so many of them that i had to put up a disclaimer: As I'm not Mrs. Robinson, no Graduates need apply.

If you are interested in meeting someone genuinely, I'd suggest a hill walking club, cycling club or gym. Where you meet social setting and get to know people. Just be yourself.

There you can get talking to someone and see if you click but if you zoom in on single older women like an obvious magnet, they will be off.

Otherwise, see how you get on pulling the wine sozzled birds.

You might get the one nighter if that's what you are after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Can I just chime in and ask why the hell do people keep suggesting the gym as a place to meet and chat up potential dates?

The gym is for working out and imo it would be incredibly sleazy and creepy to try chatting up someone while they are working out in the gym.

I'm a single guy too and as I'm concerned it is neither the time nor the place for that. I and people I know who go to the gym go there to lift and workout and not fúck all else.

Seriously, it is beyond inappropriate and this carry on is one of the reasons why women only gyms have came to be - because some dopes think it's a place to come to ogle and try out their latest PUA tricks. Just stop.

Another thing is you could injure someone if you distract them while they are working out. If someone is lifting heavy and you distract them with your chat up line they could do themselves a bad injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I'm an older woman (who doesn't look my age) who was pursued by a younger man and eventually agreed to meet him.

BUT - I think with a lot of younger men (and sorry for generalising) your so called Older Woman Fantasy - is that you're looking for somebody to take charge and also be your mother - in most aspects of your life.

I for one will be staying clear away from younger men in future...………. :confused:

Judes wrote: »
    I'm an older woman (who doesn't look my age) who was pursued by a younger man and eventually agreed to meet him.

BUT - I think with a lot of younger men (and sorry for generalising) your so called Older Woman Fantasy - is that you're looking for somebody to take charge and also be your mother - in most aspects of your life.

I for one will be staying clear away from younger men in future...………. :confused:

Just to comment on this repy and one from
    anewme. I am serious about meeting an older woman and it's not in the way that you are thinking.

In general I find older women more confident and less into the dramatics and bull that seems to be more prevalent in younger women.

I'm not looking for someone to take charge of to triage my mother.

I hadn't thought about hillwalking clubs or similar and I'll see what clubs are local to me.

I do appreciate everyone that has taken the time to respond. This is not just about a physical encounter there has to be an emotional connection too.

Daughters lock up your mothers!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

padd b1975 wrote: »
    there's a place on Harcourt street who's name escapes me.

Bond nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anewme. I am serious about meeting an older woman and it's not in the way that you are thinking.

In general I find older women more confident and less into the dramatics and bull that seems to be more prevalent in younger women.

I hadn't thought about hillwalking clubs or similar and I'll see what clubs are local to me.

I do appreciate everyone that has taken the time to respond. This is not just about a physical encounter there has to be an emotional connection too.

You were doing so well, until that last comment....

GingerLily wrote: »
    You were doing so well, until that last comment....

Ah come on... It's was playful comment!

Can I just chime in and ask why the hell do people keep suggesting the gym as a place to meet and chat up potential dates?

The gym is for working out and imo it would be incredibly sleazy and creepy to try chatting up someone while they are working out in the gym.

I'm a single guy too and as I'm concerned it is neither the time nor the place for that. I and people I know who go to the gym go there to lift and workout and not fúck all else.

Seriously, it is beyond inappropriate and this carry on is one of the reasons why women only gyms have came to be - because some dopes think it's a place to come to ogle and try out their latest PUA tricks. Just stop.

Another thing is you could injure someone if you distract them while they are working out. If someone is lifting heavy and you distract them with your chat up line they could do themselves a bad injury.

Its not about ogling or chatting up people lifting weights.

Our gym is quite small and is more class based than say individuals working out. It is fairly common after class for loads from the class to sit around and grab a coffee,(jaysus that was a tough class is a perfect opener) there's also social nights arranged, Christmas parties and also hiking and days out. Its very very social and I am sure there are many places like that. I would think Crossfit for example would be similar. I know the one near me is.

Cycling clubs, walking clubs etc also have a bit of craic about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Well that's good but I would say that sort of set up would be quite rare.

Crossfit can be social but it is all fake. Their niceness and smiles are "painted on".
    A real life chain of Globogym.

Well that's good but I would say that sort of set up would be quite rare.

Crossfit can be social but it is all fake. Their niceness and smiles are "painted on".
    A real life chain of Globogym.
    Kinda wandering off topic here folks

Kinda wandering off topic here folks

Not for me, I'm pointing out that gyms and exercise classes are a good way to meet people and get out there.

i dont find it fake at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You're just as likely to find what you're looking for with people from mid-20's upwards, and just as likely to find melts in their 40's. Emotional maturity doesn't necessarily cross over with age. I'd say women up to their early-20's would fall into the category of liking drama (men too, for the record) because that's where you're basically acting out what you've learned off TV/movies.

If you hear and acknowledge this but still want to go for older women exclusively, then yeah it's probably a bit of an experiment in your mind, and like you've been told people can spot that a mile off and don't like it. But by all means waste your time!

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    You're just as likely to find what you're looking for with people from mid-20's upwards, and just as likely to find melts in their 40's. Emotional maturity doesn't necessarily cross over with age. I'd say women up to their early-20's would fall into the category of liking drama (men too, for the record) because that's where you're basically acting out what you've learned off TV/movies.

If you hear and acknowledge this but still want to go for older women exclusively, then yeah it's probably a bit of an experiment in your mind, and like you've been told people can spot that a mile off and don't like it. But by all means waste your time!

I'm aware that certain people court drama more than others and that age does not play a part in this. I'm just looking for a mature and grounded older woman to spend time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Have you tried www.dirtyaulones.com ?

You won't find them hill walking or cycling, their knees just don't be up to it god love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Have you tried www.dirtyaulones.com ?

You won't find them hill walking or cycling, their knees just don't be up to it god love them.

I matched with a lot on tinder and met a few too

Not because I was going through a phase of old women but they seemed every bit as attractive as the younger women that I selected

As another poster said, nothing magical about them, female, human and some nice personalities and some not so. Don’t view them as objects to categorize

They are just women

I matched with a lot on tinder and met a few too

Not because I was going through a phase of old women but they seemed every bit as attractive as the younger women that I selected

As another poster said, nothing magical about them, female, human and some nice personalities and some not so. Don’t view them as objects to categorize

They are just women
    I wasn't aware that I was categorising them but if I did I apologise. I guess I was just hoping to find out where the best chance of meeting an older woman that would be open to pursuing a relationship with someone younger.

Of course I immediately thought about pubs and/or clubs that generally have an older demographic but didn't consider hiking clubs etc.

Thanks for all the advice. Some was good and I'll take it on board others not so much.

Advertisement