Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schedule-based activation of Ikea FLOALT

Options
  • 10-08-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭

I had an idea today and came up with a noob question...

How difficult is it to control the IKEA smart lightning on a schedule? I'd like to avoid having switching it manually on and off, just activate at certain time of the day...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You can can do it with HomeKit if your on iOS, no idea if you can do it in the Ikea app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

You can do it with the ikea bulbs when connected to a Hue hub.

I'd be shocked if a basic schedule function wasn't part of the ikea gateway / hub and app features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, with the gateway and app it's doable natively. You can create as many timers as you want, each with in time, off time, day of week and which lights they affect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Raphael wrote: »
    Yeah, with the gateway and app it's doable natively. You can create as many timers as you want, each with in time, off time, day of week and which lights they affect

What about colour of the lights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Colour and brightness restore to what they were last time they were on. That's the most you can do from the Tradfri app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement