Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Autumn Race - August 18

Options
  • 10-08-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭

With the unfortunate cancellation of the Wexford two day, there was a gap in the calendar. A few of the usual suspects got together and came up with a race at the last minute to allow riders get in some quality racing. Drogheda wheelers are promoting the event, and it looks like it will be quite a selective challenging parcours with 18% ramps!

The 12.5km route can be found at https://www.strava.com/routes/14839400

457975.PNG

A1/2/3 race - 7 laps 87.5km total, starting at 10:30 am
    A4 race is 5 laps, 62.5km starting immediately after the A1/2/3 race.

Sign on is open from 9 am at Bellewstown race course.

Finally, many thanks to the organisers, clubs and CI who pulled out all the stops to get this race organised at the last minute so we can go racing.

I would appreciate if you could put the word out to your clubs about this race, as it would be great to get a good turnout to repay the hard work the guys have put in.

Lenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Well done. Something different. Even for A4s over 1000m of elevation gain. I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Looks like an absolute brute of a race. It's far from flat round those parts. Fair play to Drogheda Wheelers for organising, as if they don't do enough already. I hope to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

what day?

apologies, the 18th - saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Im planning on finishing it by the following wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

"A selective challenging parcours"

Chateau

Eamonnator wrote: »
    "A selective challenging parcours"

Chateau

will you come out of retirement for it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭wav1

As per lennys op we are putting this on to try and fill a gap due to ongoing cancellations.thanks to cycling leinster for backing on this one..still struggling for help so would appreciate any offers of help for marshalling duty.10.15am to 12.30 ish.mtjanks to all who have already come on board.

lennymc wrote: »
    will you come out of retirement for it? :)

Not a chance!!!!

Not a chance!!!!
    Ah go on ya will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

If you get the numbers, will there be any chance of a separate A2 race?

If you get the numbers, will there be any chance of a separate A2 race?
    Sorry no..not a chance.time constraints and manpower constraints wont allow it..we will have 2 races on the circuit as it is.and thats about as much as a 12.5k lap will allow

So after a series of unfortunate events that involved me getting an upgrade, im now doing the a1,2,3 race on Saturday.

Oh dear. It won't be pretty.

So after a series of unfortunate events that involved me getting an upgrade, im now doing the a1,2,3 race on Saturday.

Some course. What are the likely handicaps? The first lap will be carnage across the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Congrats on the upgrade!

I'm surprised at you.
    Your timing is usually impeccable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Here we go. This win story will be like beastys crash story all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wondered was that you, man you looked well pleased with the win, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Fair play to you for pulling this together. I thought the course used for the Stamullen GP the year they weren't allowed go over Snowtown was tough enough. This is a shorter version of that I think but takes in Mullaghteelin as a result - that's savage hard.

Might be free to marshall - will DM Wav1 on twitter if I can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well done on getting it together and sorry i cannot make it, looks like a cracking lap.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised at you.
    Your timing is usually impeccable.

rush of blood to the head.
    Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Here we go. This win story will be like beastys crash story all over again.

I must tell you about that time I won Lusk doyle...
    dahat wrote: »
    I wondered was that you, man you looked well pleased with the win, well done!

ah yeah, it's not every day i get a win, so wanted to savour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

But shur it's not Autumn until next month :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

rush of blood to the head.

I must tell you about that time I won Lusk doyle...

ah yeah, it's not every day i get a win, so wanted to savour it.

Been there and missed that point of savouring it due to the actual shock of winning...

dahat wrote: »
    Been there and missed that point of savouring it due to the actual shock of winning...

If I ever win a race, there will be no glorious arms aloft, it will be a ginger bearded mess, covered in sweat and looking like he is having a heart attack.

I see the SERC GP is also off now.

Shows how important it is to have organisers like those mentioned willing to put a race together at such short notice.

Indeed it is and credit to all invovled.

The SERC GP is an odd one as its a roundabout loop and easy marshall etc, a pity it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

lennymc wrote:
    Sign on is open from 9 am at Bellewstown race course.

What time is sign on closing for the A4s

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

CramCycle wrote:
    I see the SERC GP is also off now.

CI still have it on the calendar they never seem to mark any of them cancelled. Apart from here is there a site for updates on things like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

CI still have it on the calendar they never seem to mark any of them cancelled. Apart from here is there a site for updates on things like that?

Always check the club FB page.

Always check the club FB page.

+1 up since yesterday apologising that its still on the CI calendar. Their post is actually in a description of an image, since a follow up post is about the Wexford 2 day its easy to miss (for non regular FB users).

• Advertisement

What time is sign on closing for the A4s

Id say about 10 - 10.15ish at a push, a4 race starts immediately after the a1/2/3 at 10:31.

Advertisement