Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automating my heating

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭

So I bought a house 2 months ago.
    Got it rewired and replumbed.

The controls for the 3 zone heating are EPH 3 zone programmer R37-HW. Then I have 2 EPH thermostats . One 6 inches from the programmer, and another upstairs outside the bathroom.

Now, is there enough there to automate it or will I need to replace these parts?

I have good WiFi, and also have an amazon Alexa, Alexa dot, and Google Home. My goal is to be able to control the heat and water via voice, app, and physical controls.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

EPH have an internet controlled solution but I'm not sure if it works with your programmer. I think it might need the RF version. It supports app control but doesn't natively support voice. I have created an addon for home-assistant that lets you add voice and / or extra automations.

If you can just add the ember gateway it would be a cheap way to get most of what you want. But if you have to replace the stats and programmer I'd say it would be better to go for something like tado.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So if I go with tado, I keep the programmer but replace the two thermostats as well as each one on each radiator?
    If I go with ember (assuming I can), I can keep everything but just add a box under the stairs or something?

It'd nearly be handier to replace the programmer if it doesn't support ember! Although I'm saying that before looking at prices.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just to answer your Tado question.

Yes, you could just leave the programmer, but set it to always on and replace the two thermostats with Tado stats. You don't need to the Tado TRV's unless you want, they are an optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tryin to get a price for this stuff. Does anywhere know a seller in West Dublin? Like in ballymount or somewhere? I suppose I can ask the electrician where he got his, since he only installed it about a month ago.

Advertisement