Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring ownership of shotgun

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Just back from local gun dealer and, as usual, he'a not there so I'll try here for a bit of advice instead. My uncle died last year and left me all of his property. I only remembered his shotgun the other day when i came across it in his house. i already have a few guns and my uncles gun is a fairly cheap Eastern European model but Id like to transfer ownership over to me as it was the gun i learned to shoot with. I know he renewed his license in 2016 (same as me) but i have no idea where the license itself is. Whats the typical protocol for transferring a gun in situations like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

First of all, leave it in with a dealer for safe keeping.
    Then just fill out the paperwork to acquire a licence for it as usual.
    If you have a few guns already, your local super might want you to up your security a bit (depending on what level you already have)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    First of all, leave it in with a dealer for safe keeping.
    Then just fill out the paperwork to acquire a licence for it as usual.
    If you have a few guns already, your local super might want you to up your security a bit (depending on what level you already have)

That's great, thanks for the info

Advertisement