Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veganic companies

Options
  • 09-08-2018 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Veganic = vegan+organic

I'm looking for brands (anything, not just food) that are both vegan and organic. Plamil is one such. We have 'Peckish' café in Ennis which is vegan and mostly organic.

Lots of food is vegan but not all is organic of course.

Lots of food is organic but not vegan (horse manure, blood etc).

Humour me in this - I'm looking to compile a list (and support these businesses). Obviously you can interrogate local organic growers as to their methods but I'm thinking of more mainstream, shop-bought stuff, such as the Stellar wine shown in the pics - organic, vegan, sulphur-free, fair trade, ticks most boxes. Wonder if the glass is recycled too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Vegan and organic will be tough enough found. 're food the issue is replenishing soil while maintaining both. I assume to provide organic matter for crops they would have to grow crops which would then be ploughed in to provide fertiliser for the wanted crop, but also other difficulties 're seed bed establishment,weeds and the green manure reseeding. etc. With organic to successfully recycle nutrients and maintain life in the soil animal farming is a big enough part of it 're balancing what the crops take out and what manure etc can put back in., in order for it to be any way sustainable at any scale, otherwise ground would become lacking in certain nutrients crops may be more prone to failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

I agree, Mooooo, it's not easy. A company producing vegan organic products need not necessarily use products from veganic agriculture.

Veganic is possible though - we've been doing it on our acre for decades, but we consume all we produce and we compost absolutely everything that's possible to compost.

But what I'm looking for initially is companies that are vegan and organic - I can leave the actual veganic agriculture bit for another day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nekarsulm that link is not suitable for here, do not post things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You posted a link about 400 cows being milked. Our posts have a cooldown before they are deleted.

Dunno how that got linked, it was supposed to be my neighbour Felix.

http://www.thegoodcropcompany.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah I see, I know that stall from markets in Dublin. That oat milk is great, my mother is hooked on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement