Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie question?

Options
  • 09-08-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi,

I started vaping about 10 days ago and am sticking with it so far but having an issue and looking for advice from seasoned users.
    For some background I used to smoke my own rolled tobacco but used menthol filters (quiet strong menthol).
    I purchased an aspire pockex and a couple of different menthol liquids to try but am currently finding that no matter what I use that when I vape it seems to catch me in back of throat or leave a funny aftertaste if that makes sense.

Can anyone advise as I'm not sure if the strength of the liquid is causing it or the menthol liquids I tried aren't strong enough (as in menthol flavour) or maybe it's just normal for vaping?
    And I really want to stick with it as feeling a lot better physically already but am really not enjoying the vape because of this.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

I'm a rollie smoker with menthol filters too. I tried all the menthol ejuices etc, and like you they cut your throat..I am now vaping toffee cream but on a 6. This is fine as I'm still having the odd rollie too so I'm getting my nicotene but I definitely think the 6 is easier to vape and the toffee cream are way smoother. It's trial and error really finding something you are really going to like

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

norabattie wrote: »
    I'm a rollie smoker with menthol filters too. I tried all the menthol ejuices etc, and like you they cut your throat..I am now vaping toffee cream but on a 6. This is fine as I'm still having the odd rollie too so I'm getting my nicotene but I definitely think the 6 is easier to vape and the toffee cream are way smoother. It's trial and error really finding something you are really going to like

Hi, thanks for the reply I am currently using an 11mg which I think is too strong as to be honest I don't smoke a lot anyway so a 6mg might be a better option. Is toffee cream the brand or the flavour? Sorry if that's a silly question there is just so many options I'm lost as to where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

coffeyt wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the reply I am currently using an 11mg which I think is too strong as to be honest I don't smoke a lot anyway so a 6mg might be a better option. Is toffee cream the brand or the flavour? Sorry if that's a silly question there is just so many options I'm lost as to where to start.

Are you using the 0.7 or 1.8 coil...

I'm using 2 Pockex's for the last 6 months with the 0.7ohm coil & using 12mg juice,(not menthol) I found it very harsh on the throat,so I decided to change from Mouth to Lung (MTL) vaping,which is like drawing on a fag...and changed to Direct to Lung (DTL) vaping which is a smoother vape but I changed the Nic to 6mg juice & still getting a nice throat hit.

Menthol on its own can be as strong as a Nic hit,that 11mg you are using is probably too strong for your throat,I would go for 6mg or down to 3mg,all depends on how strong your menthol is.

Are you using the 0.7 or 1.8 coil...

I'm using a .6 coil as far as I can tell as it came with two and the 1.2 is still in the packaging. I think you're right and I'm definitely on a too strong of a liquid. Will pick up some 6mg tomorrow and see how I go.
    I have also been trying to get the hang of the direct to lung inhale and seems to help but haven't master it yet so need to work on my technique I guess.

It's just a bit frustrating at the moment as really want to stick with it but finding it hard to enjoy. Thanks for the advise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I'm using a .6 coil as far as I can tell as it came with two and the 1.2 is still in the packaging.

Switch your coil out for that 1.2Ohm coil and I bet you will reduce that throat hit significantly.

Also reduce the nicotine strength in your juices. Buy either 3mg or 6mg.

• Advertisement

Switch your coil out for that 1.2Ohm coil and I bet you will reduce that throat hit significantly.

Also reduce the nicotine strength in your juices. Buy either 3mg or 6mg.

That's brilliant thanks I never thought of trying the other coil, that's made a massive difference already I can even get more of the menthol flavour straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Glad to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That's brilliant thanks I never thought of trying the other coil, that's made a massive difference already I can even get more of the menthol flavour straight away.

Also if you're using a high PG liquid that can hit your throat too. When I first started about 3 days in I developed a massive sore throat. It felt raw. Someone here told me to try a lower PG liquid and it's worked since then.

(Look on the side of the bottle it should have percentages for PG/VG. If it doesn't the next time you buy, make sure to buy one with a lower PG)

Advertisement