Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin - Best location

Options
  • 09-08-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice. Myself and 2 brothers are heading to Berlin in November for 4 days. We're all in our mid to late 40s, but still up for a bit of craic! I've been given some tips on where to go and still trying to decide. People are suggesting Mitte or Friedrichshaim.

Can anyone recommend a good location to stay with nice bars, Clubs(?), restaurants, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Friedrichshain is spelled with an "n" at the end!

Anyway, yes I would recommend Friedrichshain. Nice neighborhood to make a HQ for your hols. Not very busy but still close to the city and within walking distance to clubs. For example, Suicide Circus and VOID. Walked back to the Airbnb in Freidrichshain after a night in Suicide Circus. We left at 6am and there were people queuing up at the door to get in.

We stayed around Boxhagener Platz.

Didn't see many tourists around the neighborhood. So it felt fairly "local" which was great. But maybe that's changed, was there in 2016.

Had a great time hanging out there with friends before heading into town. Or waking up in the morning (more like afternoon) and going for a stroll and a bite to eat.

Plenty of great local pubs (even an Irish pub) and places to eat. You have to try a Berlin kebab. Our spot was Doner Dach in Freidrichshain. https://goo.gl/maps/KNjUGKSckbK2

I would say go for it.

Advertisement