Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have the Eir Sport RED App working on an Android box?

Options
  • 09-08-2018 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Have an Eir Sim Only plan which gives me access to Eir Sports using the Eir Sport Red App.
    This app is restricted in that does not suppport casting (unlike the Eir Sport Green App you can use if you are a broadband customer or on a bill pay mobile plan).
    If I use screen mirroring from my phone to a chromecast, video and audio work for about 30-60 seconds then it just freezes. If I mirror to a roku box, I get no video but do get audio. So casting is crippled in the app somehow!
    What I'm wondering is that if I got an android box, could I install the Eir Sport Red app on it and would it work? Box would be connected directly to tv so no casting involved, however Eir only talk about running app on phone or tablet, so could app be restricted to specific device types?

@Mods: If incorrect forum, can you move or suggest correct forum to post query

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

ever get this working on Android TV Box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

I'm lucky if it works on my phone tbh

Advertisement