Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling final

Options
  • 08-08-2018 4:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

There’s a serious lack of Limerick jerseys and merchandise in the shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have literally seen tables set up on roadsides all over the city with lads selling hat flags and scarves. There was one outside Debenhams, one at greenpark, one on Mulgrave st and I'm sure far more.
    I didn't buy anything as I already have my Galway flag flying proudly in my front garden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I have literally seen tables set up on roadsides all over the city with lads selling hat flags and scarves. There was one outside Debenhams, one at greenpark, one on Mulgrave st and I'm sure far more.
    I didn't buy anything as I already have my Galway flag flying proudly in my front garden.

I’m more on about jerseys and hoodies rather than tacky bunting and flags

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

There’s a serious lack of Limerick jerseys and merchandise in the shops

Sports Direct on Childers Road had a load of stuff last week.

Limerick Sports Store in William St has jerseys and stuff all year round.

Sports Direct on Childers Road had a load of stuff last week.

Limerick Sports Store in William St has jerseys and stuff all year round.

I’ve no doubt and thanks for reading the post properly but have you look this week? O neills didn’t make enough Limerick product and are under pressure to get the gear to the shops

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I’ve no doubt and thanks for reading the post properly but have you look this week? O neills didn’t make enough Limerick product and are under pressure to get the gear to the shops

If you are aware of an issue with O'Neills not being able to supply kit, what was the point of your OP?

• Advertisement

If you are aware of an issue with O'Neills not being able to supply kit, what was the point of your OP?

Some shops get stock in faster than others, nice to be on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Lifestyle William St had jerseys & tops in stock today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Bandwagoners buying them all up, fellow bandwagoners complaining that they're all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Bandwagoners buying them all up, fellow bandwagoners complaining that they're all sold out.

Visible support is good for the team and good for Limerick. It's a great boost to Limerick to have such a wonderful team, and if people are late in getting behind them, what's the harm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

boomerang wrote: »
    Visible support is good for the team and good for Limerick. It's a great boost to Limerick to have such a wonderful team, and if people are late in getting behind them, what's the harm?

Exactly. Its a win,win.
    The only problem I have with the bandwagoners is they seem to disappear without trace (very quickly) when the team suffers a defeat or two.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Glenomra

a friend of mine want's to do a Limerick hurling shop window. Does anyonee know where could he locate a colour photo of the panel?

Great to see the limerick flags flying. Especially the one on St Marys cathedral

Glenomra wrote: »
    Great to see the limerick flags flying. Especially the one on St Marys cathedral

Only new to my estate in the city and there are a few flags and bunting at the entrance. Bunting strung across the road from street light to street light. All went up over the weekend. Great to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Town is a bit miserable. I thought the council would do a better job with the place. Easy knowing it’s not Munster!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Town is a bit miserable. I thought the council would do a better job with the place. Easy knowing it’s not Munster!

Would you stop! There's flags on every traffic light on O'Connell St. Theres bunting, and they even put up new Limerick flags on Shannon Bridge.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Would you stop! There's flags on every traffic light on O'Connell St. Theres bunting, and they even put up new Limerick flags on Shannon Bridge.

There’s only two flags every 100m. If you stand at Arthur’s Quay, you’d hardly notice the traffic light flags.

Council must be reading this. Flags being hung where the Munster flags normally are down O'Connell St atm. Ye happy now? :pac:

I think they should start painting shop fronts green and white and only allow green and white cars into town until Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

The market quarter looks great. Massive amount of bunting and flags put up. I think it's the pubs in the area who organise this tho and now the Council??

Actually I have a few extra tickets to the thing in the Gaelic Grounds if anyone here wants em. Save ye the bother of going through the online process.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

We're probably one of the only places in town without anything up so i went and bought my own flag to hang up on the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how come the final is on two weeks earlier this year? the pope?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

fryup wrote: »

Ya, it will be a week later next year (unless they change it again)
    Should be August 25th next year.

fryup wrote: »

I think it’s more to do with players requesting more time off between the end of the championship and the start of the club championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

All 20,000 tickets for the big screen in the Gaelic Grounds are gone. Even if only half of that crowd turns up it is a massive crowd.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/breaking-news/329890/going-going-gone-all-20-000-tickets-booked-for-big-screen-at-limerick-s-gaelic-grounds.html

Some interesting shop window displays reflect well on their owners\staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭adaminho

Care to enlighten us?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Don't know what it was like yesterday, but today there are flags hanging across O'Connell St. as well as on the traffic lights.A lot more than you'd normally see for Munster.

adaminho wrote: »
    Care to enlighten us?
    I think the Tony Connolly window display and St Marys cathedral, admittedly not a retail outlet, are attractive. I am sure others have their own preferences.

Don't know what it was like yesterday, but today there are flags hanging across O'Connell St. as well as on the traffic lights.A lot more than you'd normally see for Munster.

No it’s much better today! A lot had complained including James Collins. It looks great now! Loads walking around town today with flags and bunting, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement