Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr16 LED or gu10 LED?

Options
  • 08-08-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Folks, Im currently building a house and the arch has specified a MR16 for the spotlights. The current house I live in has MR16 halogen spots and and the trafos have failed in multiple instances which has put me off. Should I specify GU10s in place of the MR16 LEDs or is there any reason MR16 LED + trafo is superior to GU10 LED?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

I'd certainly be asking the architect is there any specific reason for the mr16s, haven't used the led ones in years and I'm sure they ve gotten a lot better but they 're still more difficult to find and you have the traffo issue

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

Go GU10 and LED spots. No need for Trafos anymore, too much hassle and expense.

Advertisement