Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Championship on RTÉ

Options
  • 08-08-2018 10:01am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

I think this is the riught place to put this.

I've been enjoying RTÉ's coverage of the European championships. The swimming analysts, McCarthy, Murphy and Bree and been entertaining and informative. The rowing analysts were fine, new their stuff and of course O'Sullivan and O'Rourke are decent with the athletics. Kiernan is there too.
    The commentary for the athletics has a mixture of Hamilton who sometimes struggles these days and previously with athletics, he's been joined by Con Murphy and David Gillick does interviews and some chat as well on commentary. I have to say it works really well. Very enjoyable so far.
    There's one thing that has been a tiny bit annoying. It happens in the swimming commentary and the athletics. They always talk about the British competitors! They pay more attention to them pre race and during it and sometimes back in the studio as well.
    Now I know there our neighbours and all but I really don't care who is in it from them. It's exactly the same as any other country to me.
    Anyway, overall the coverage has been good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This new format for these games is great. RTE showing all kinds of events that they never would have previously.

Advertisement