Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bar to watch all ireland final

Options
  • 08-08-2018 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Taking my mum out to watch the match and have lunch. Any recommendations?
    Someplace with plenty seats, tv screens and good food

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

There is a big screen going up on the Gaelic Grounds for the final. I say save for Croke Park that will be the best spot to watch the match. You need to buy tickets for it though

If you want a bit more comfort than I would look at one of the hotels, like The Strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Watched the Clare/Galway match & had a bite to eat in The Locke, was grand but I'd get there early for a good seat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭adaminho

panda100 wrote: »
    There is a big screen going up on the Gaelic Grounds for the final. I say save for Croke Park that will be the best spot to watch the match. You need to buy tickets for it though

If you want a bit more comfort than I would look at one of the hotels, like The Strand.

Tickets are free. If you are going the Ardhu and The woodfield would be doing lunch but could be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

adaminho wrote: »

Tickets are free. If you are going the Ardhu and The woodfield would be doing lunch but could be busy.
    He means tickets for croke park

He means tickets for croke park

She doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

She doesn't

Correct! 10,000 tickets sold already for the Gaelic Grounds apparently!!

Wouldn't surprise me. It's a nice plan B option. Got mine handy enough today. How many tickets are they planning on selling for the big screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

The Tap House in annacotty (formally O'Connells) have put on their Facebook page that they will have a big screen outside for the All Ireland final. They did that for the Heineken cup finals a few years back (when the pub was called synotts) and had outdoor bars and BBQ going

They also do decent grub during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I thought the tickets were free but you just need to book/print them off if you're attending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

GoneHome wrote: »
    I thought the tickets were free but you just need to book/print them off if you're attending

That's right

• Advertisement
Advertisement