Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cause of Dishwasher stain??

Options
  • 07-08-2018 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone has seen this before and can offer me some advise.

Basically the inside of my dishwasher has become very stained in the last month, see first pic on attachment. We have been living here 3 years and had no issues until the last month.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could cause this?

I live in an area with "soft" water. There are not, as far as I can tell, any steel fittings used anywhere. Even if there were would the issue not have appeared earlier?

The only concern I have is the second and third pics in the attachment. Is this some kind of reaction between fittings? Should I be concerned about?

If you need more pics or more detailed info let me know and I'll try answer as best I can.

Regards,

WM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

water-man wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

If you need more pics or more detailed info let me know and I'll try answer as best I can.

Regards,

WM

Not seeing any pictures ??

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Yes, the attachment would be useful. Hopefully its on this time.

Is there anything similar in your kettle?

Hi,

No only dishwasher is like this. Kettle is fine.

WM

Veryhard to say, it looks like a bit of limescale.
    Have you tried a dushwasher machine cleaning product to see if it shifts it?

• Advertisement

I tried using baking soda and it cleaned it a bit but I ended up scratching the stainless steel alot.

Is there any product you can recommend? I was thiking of trying coca cola!!!

Used a product that i use fir cleaning the sotne worktop and its done a super job.

Advertisement