Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Federal Champion Ammo

Options
  • 07-08-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

What do you guys think of this ammo for target shooting and a little bit of plinking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,611 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dirtiest ammo I've ever used...pistol does be manky after it, not great accuracy wise either. Don't think I've ever had a misfore eith it though.

Might be better out of a rifle tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Its plinking ammo, for serious target shooting there are a lot better options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Keep in mind they're supersonic so they do make a bit of noise if that matters to you. I had one that didn't fire in the 525 pack so not the best but not the worst either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

My problem with them is that they aren't particularly accurate. You tend to get a lot more fliers with them than with CCI or RWS or most other brands.

To answer your question, they are fine for plinking as they are cheap but they aren't really suitable for serious target shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Have used both Federal and Remington bulk ammo. Both of them are of poor quailty control with numerous misfires, inconsistent loads and poor accuracy out at a hundred yards. You will actually hear the difference in the report between some of the rounds being fired, on several occasions I've had to check the barrel to ensure I didn't have a squibb load.

Having said all that, they are great for plinking and are accurate enough at short ranges and a bigger bullseye but don't try to gauge your marksmenship off them. I'd rather lob my hunting stuff (Ely / Winchester) down range when I testing myself and the little .22 at longer ranges - more consistency and accuracy with the subsonic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement