Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

circular saw sharpening

Options
  • 07-08-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Anyone know where i can get a PTO circular saw professionally edged and teeth set in the west if Ireland? (Galway Clare Limerick)
    I know Whelans do it in Mullingar but if could get somewhere closer, that would suit me better.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

JayZeus wrote: »

I passed that way before on Sandy Road and they looked closed. Are they any good?

No idea! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Whelans...

Based in the Midlands just outside Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Whelan Sawmakers Ltd. provide a collection and delivery service to many areas nationwide.

FYI

Galway Saw Services are open but can't sharpen anything bigger than a 500mm Dia (21") saw blade. It also has to have tungsten tipped teeth as they cant set or edge normal (non tipped) wood cutting blades!

• Advertisement

Czhornet wrote: »
    FYI

Galway Saw Services are open but can't sharpen anything bigger than a 500mm Dia (21") saw blade. It also has to have tungsten tipped teeth as they cant set or edge normal (non tipped) wood cutting blades!

I would have thought that was a bog standard job for any place doing blade sharpening. Would you do it yourself, no? Handy enough if you know what you’re at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I would have thought that was a bog standard job for any place doing blade sharpening. Would you do it yourself, no? Handy enough if you know what you’re at.

He sharpend and replaced teeth on our major tractor saw a couple years ago not bother

The machines he has now do all small 9" and 12" blades for carpentry circular and table saws. I was edging mine all along but I've "lost it" now and the teeth seem to be all over the place. It still is cutting but it seems a bit rougher than normal so i think it needs to get professionally done!

Advertisement