Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance quotes system after VRT

Options
  • 07-08-2018 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

In the process of getting a Jap import which has VRT done, Taxed and has passed NCT. How long does it normally take for the systems used for Online insurance quotes to work?

Currently it's just showing "Registration not found".

VRT was done 2nd August - I know the reg wasn't showing on cartell.ie then as well but it is now showing as of today so seems their system updated.

But I'm just curious of the insurance one if anyone has a guideline or will I be able to insure it with just the Irish Reg number and letting them know full make and model if online quotes are not updated yet? (My current provider is okay with imports)

Thanks & RegardS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Not sure how long it takes for the car to come up on the online system. When I paid the VRT for my jap import I rang my insurance straight away but they didn't recognize the registration, so they just asked my to provide the make and model details and went with that.

What car did you import btw? :P

Advertisement