Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewiring when is it needed?

Options
  • 07-08-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I am in my house a couple of years. It's just over 30 years old. I have to get a bit of electrical work done. Sockets not working. Immersion to be replaced. Electrical shower to be installed. I'm also thinking about installing solar pv and a heat pump.

How long typically is it before a house needs rewiring. I could do with additional sockets and have to get work done in kitchen and bathroom too.

Would it be a better idea to rewire house completely at this stage ?
    What would the benefit be?
    The survey I got didn't specify a need for this at the time but the more I think about the work needed I'm wondering if its easier now then in a few more years.

If it was going to be needed 20 years down the line I wouldn't bother. 10 maybe and 5 probably.

Advertisement