Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint for outdoors

Options
  • 06-08-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I am looking to paint a simple garden mural. My problem is I am unsure of what type paint to use ?
    Obviously outdoor house paint, but the colours are a little limited.

Does anyone else know what kind of paint I should be looking at using ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try talking to someone in a paint shop,they might be able to mix the colours you want for you.

Colourtrend outdoor acrylic paint. A bit expensive but does a good job.

House1_Copy.jpg

House2_Copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

that looks superb - is that your own work ?

Cheers, it is, but it was taken before the job was totally finished. I did it last year. If it had been up to me, I would have gotten rid of the green window surrounds, but the lady who owns the house wanted to keep them.

The paint for this job cost around €160. The trick is to get a large container of white, and use that as a medium to mix the blues through. This way the paint goes further.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

spray paint will do the job, you can get good quality spraypaint for 4.50 a can here in Dublin, not sure where you are based. You'll have a much broader selection of colours as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm pretty sure that's just the cost of the materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

New Home wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's just the cost of the materials.

Yeah sorry I deleted my post, only realized after when I reread the post

Advertisement