Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower mixer

Options
  • 06-08-2018 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Recently moved to another accommodation.
    When opening shower mixer it only goes to the shower and doesn’t come towards the tap.
    Also water keeps on leaking from this junction.
    I have not seen such a mixer before. How do I make it go to the tap and how do I fix this leakage?
    See the picture.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Most likely the shower hose hasn't got a washer or needs a new one. Just below where the shower hose screws into the mixer set is a diverter. Try pulling this up or down

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mick88

I've gone one exactly like that. You have to push the base of the hose into the tap or pull it up to change the direction of water.
    I think pulling it out runs the water to the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Recently moved to another accommodation.
    When opening shower mixer it only goes to the shower and doesn’t come towards the tap.
    Also water keeps on leaking from this junction.
    I have not seen such a mixer before. How do I make it go to the tap and how do I fix this leakage?
    See the picture.
    Thank you

Used to have the same one myself. Just pull up on the section the arrow points to in the photo. It slides up to divert the water to the hose and then back down for the bath.
    Don't be afraid to give it a bit of muscle they can be very stiff at times.

Advertisement