Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate the F1 season so far

• 05-08-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭

A poll for the mid season break

Averages of the other polls
    Australian Grand Prix No Poll
    Bahrain Grand Prix 8
    Chinese Grand Prix 7.5
    Azerbaijan Grand Prix 7.7
    Spanish Grand Prix 3.5
    Monaco Grand Prix 4.5
    Canadian Grand Prix 2.5
    French Grand Prix 4.9
    Austrian Grand Prix 7.7
    British Grand Prix 7.8
    German Grand Prix 6.4
    Hungarian Grand Prix 4.2
    UOmQfR4.gif

Rate the season so far 25 votes

0%
    4%
    JenovaProject 1 vote
    0%
    12%
    conzymickdwSimon Gruber Says 3 votes
    48%
    Cool_CMskipper_GcherryghostNorthern MonkeyPopePalpatineLongingCaptain_CrashSilaneInviereELM327ayux4rj6zql2phtipp_tipp_tipp 12 votes
    24%
    Ghost Traincallaway92Mike LitorisLionbackerkksaintstwin_beacon 6 votes
    4%
    Burkie1203 1 vote
    4%
    Grim. 1 vote
    4%
    Cookie_Monster 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Too many poor races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd say 7. The season is bubbling up nicely.
    Certainly the most interesting one for some time. The combination of 2.5 top teams being in with a shout is much better than "which mercedes will win" of the last few years. (I included RBR as a 0.5 top team, they have a shout in some tracks but not others)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I gave it a 6... Was thinking 6.5

Australia and Montreal would usually be races I enjoy so they were disappointing. But it is good to see Ferrari and Mercedes more equal this year and Redbull also winning some races. Hopefully it stays close in the championship down to the last few races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I gave it a 6... Was thinking 6.5

Australia and Montreal would usually be races I enjoy so they were disappointing. But it is good to see Ferrari and Mercedes more equal this year and Redbull also winning some races. Hopefully it stays close in the championship down to the last few races

I want the championship to be decided at the last race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Yeah, every race at the moment I'm rooting for the person 2nd in the championship.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I give it a seven so far, the battle for the championship is still too close to call, aside from that the midfield is unbelievably tight. A tenth of second can mean the difference between a haul of points and fighting with Williams for last. There has been some great races and a couple of duds but I'm enjoying this season overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I haven't been following it this year. Kinda lost interest.

Whats the value in being in F1 for the uncompetitive teams. Seems to be a two horse race as usual.

F1 indeed motorsport in general tends to have dominant teams going all the way back. So it nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

If it is looking like that, anybody up for the Woodshed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

I feel it's a solid 7. There's an inter-team championship battle ongoing, which is swinging one way one race, and the other the next. For that reason alone, it stands out as being better than most recent seasons, possibly going as far back as 2012 or 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Gave it a 6. Great that it's a close intense championship but way too many crushingly boring races. Would've gave an 8 or a 9 otherwise. Being forced to watch some on Sky is worth a -1. :p

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'm enjoying this season a lot, I went to Albert Park and because of that I am more invested than usual. Making sure I catch every race I can live. Watching qualifying and a decent bit of practice where I can. Driving the circuits on sim racing. Shítposting on reddit. Doing everything I can to immerse myself in the season and really enjoying it! I think the effort liberty have put into the F1 YouTube channel this year is awesome, Will Buxton is excellent and I feel like more 'casual' fans are seeing behind the scenes because of content like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

3, I haven't even bothered with the more recent races. The whole thing is just a farce at this stage. Terrible Sky coverage, no enforcement of rules, stupider looking cars, a performance gulf between the top 3 and the rest giving last to top 3 in short order, Liberties Americanisation of everything and a general lack of action on track.
    First season since about 07 that I have simply stopped following or caring about in the slightest.

V8 Supercars is where its at for me these days.

Cool_CM wrote: »

Where? :P
    Could be a shout.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

3, I haven't even bothered with the more recent races. The whole thing is just a farce at this stage. Terrible Sky coverage, no enforcement of rules, stupider looking cars, a performance gulf between the top 3 and the rest giving last to top 3 in short order, Liberties Americanisation of everything and a general lack of action on track.
    First season since about 07 that I have simply stopped following or caring about in the slightest.

V8 Supercars is where its at for me these days.

Ever think you just don't like Formula 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

conzy wrote: »
    Ever think you just don't like Formula 1

I used to, now not so much.

Where? :P
    Could be a shout.

Haha, meant the Woolshed :-)

Obviously there is nothing in the woodshed, except maybe some wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

For this season so for has been a 9. There was one boring race but all the rest have been great and this season has been more competitive up front. Mercedes do not have it all there own way anymore. The midfield battles have been good do and it's great to see Sauber doing well again and fighting in the midfield.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement